Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Dodson Family

Scott and Ileene Dodson, along with their two sons Mitchell and Phillip, fished with me July 10th. We left Atlantic Seafood dock at 3pm. The tide peaked at 3:45 so we were able to fish the outgoing tide most of the afternoon. We did some sightseeing first -cruising Old Town Fernandina, Fort Clinch and the Cumberland Island seashore. There was a small group of wild horses in the marsh and I dug out the binoculars. We ran to the mouth of Jolley River and began to get bites almost immediately -most at a small runout that we named "Dodson Creek". We caught Ladyfish, small trout and a couple of small croakers -all on live shrimp. Later in the day I was able to pickup some finger mullet with the cast net and as the sunset Phillip wrestled in a 22" trout (probably the biggest I've had on The Anglers Mark). A little later he pulled in another large trout - a 19"er. I netted this one with a pair of pliers tangled in the net - and my hat got knocked off during the battle! Unfortunately, I somehow deleted all my pictures of this trip - and they were some good ones! Ouch.

No comments: