Monday, August 8, 2011

Lake Lanier Spotted Bass

We met friends Denise and Bill Sweeney and Judy Cardone up in North Georgia over the weekend to celebrate my wife's birthday and Bill and I were given a pass to take in some fishing at Lake Lanier Saturday with friend Tim Parker.  Tim was gracious enough to meet us near the boat ramp with his bass boat and gear and all we had to do was show up.  He launched the boat around 7am and headed north up the lake to a jut of rocks and instructed Bill and I how to fish the Texas rig worm that he had set up on light tackle.  Tim got us fishing then showed us how it was done by setting the hook on a couple of nice Spotted Bass, fighting them to the boat like a pro for pictures and release.  Bill got the hang of it early and soon began to feel the subtle bite, and he too set the hook, FISH ON!  He played the fish expertly and brought to the boat another keeper sized Bass.  It took me a while but later in the day I was fishing a "Rooster" spinner blade and had a hookup.  It was all I could do, but after a tremendous battle, I landed one of the Spotted Bass,   my first!  We had a great day and Tim was a great host and guide - if you're ever up in the northern area of Lake Lanier, give me a call and I'll hook you up with Tim!

No comments: