Wednesday, June 20, 2012

I Hate to Admit It, but....

...there was a banana on the boat!  I had made my usual stop early this morning at the Gate station to get my half-and-half cappuccino and decaf and I thought I might want a banana for a snack before I launched.   After loading the boat and making a run to get ice, I was running early so I went ahead and picked up a sausage biscuit for breakfast....and threw the banana in the cooler for later.  OUCH.  As most mariners know, banana's on the boat are bad luck.  Later, I met Brooklyn and Brent Edwards, along with their two sons Ryan and Sam at the Atlantic Seafood dock and we headed out of the marina on The Anglers Mark.
There was already a good breeze blowing out of the east, but we made our first stop outside of Tiger Island and fished with float rigs and live shrimp, but picked up no fish.  We eased around behind Tiger and sure enough, the land mass blocked the wind and we had some easy fishing, but again no bites.  After a short break I headed south down the river past Rayonier to fish Temptation Cove and here Brooklyn got the skunk off the boat by landing a nice, keeper sized Flounder, but that was the only bite.  Two more stops in Lanceford Creek produced only nibblers and no real bites.  Luckily, young Sam had a great time working the bait buckets and keeping all of us with live shrimp.  The anglers were making great casts, but there was a banana on the boat! Tomorrow, there will be NO banana on the boat, and I'm changing hats for good measure!

No comments: