Monday, June 4, 2018

Recipe of the Month: Coconut Glazed Shrimp Kabobs

On occasion I get professional chef's on the boat fishing with me and I always pick their brain for good recipe's. The first of May I had Trace Hayes a chef, past restaurant owner, and now, renown food photographer fish with me and when asked if he had any special way to cook seafood, he rattled off his special glaze that he coats his fish/shrimp in and broils them. Here it is!

 
1/2 cup Creme de Coconut (Available at liquor store and some grocery stores)
1/3 cup mayonnaise 
Juice from 2 1/2 limes 
Mix slowly into mayonnaise and creme de coconut

Add
1/3 cup chopped cilantro 
Glaze fish while it is cooking over broiler or grill
Save some for the table!

The taste should be
1/3 -1/3-1/3 and all flavors should complement each other. Adjust accordingly.

No comments: