Monday, January 28, 2019

Cold Weather Trout Bite

I fished Friday morning with experienced angler Bob Blalock, meeting him out at the Goffinsville
Park boat ramp early, with 37 degree temperatures, but very little wind.  We jumped down to Broward Island and set up to fish the first of an incoming tide with jigs and live shrimp. The first area may have produced one fish but when we moved down the island Bob picked up another Redfish or two.

We buzzed back the Seymore's Pointe area and fished some docks with jigs and Bob did have a strong hookup which he played perfectly to the boat, landing a keeper sized Black "puppy"
Drum. We then moved around and in between some docks and floated live shrimp along a flooded marsh line and boy did things get hot!  Bob could make his cast, let it drift, "bump it" once and BOOM!  Seatrout On!  I don't know how many dozens of shrimp we went thru but most of them caught Trout. I'd gestimate that we had at least 8-10 "keeper" sized Trout ( we threw most back) and a whole mess of undersized ones. The sun had come out and warmed things up and we left them biting so we counted it as another great day to be fishing here at Amelia Island, Florida.

1 comment:

VillageFish said...

I Love to fishing. So I was searching a fishing website and got it in your website. I have read and enjoyed your experience. I would request to you to Visit and watch my creativity. This is an amazing Fish Video