Sunday, April 4, 2010

Submarine and a Quick Start


I had the pleasure of fishing Friday with Barry Deming and his son, Brian, who were visiting from Ohio. We left the dock that afternoon with some nice sunshine and a brisk breeze, running to Tiger Island. We had the treat of seeing the procession of a submarine deploying along with it's tenders, gunboats and helicopters! We made our first stop at a creek mouth and while demonstrating how we hook up the live shrimp as bait I felt like I had a nibble on the 1st cast! We began a troll of the shoreline and in just a few minutes Brian had a nice trout on and into the boat! I thought to myself, "what a way to start a trip"! Both Brian and Barry were excellent anglers and their casting was dead on as we continued to hit spots around Tiger and up into the Jolley River. We had bites here and there and boated another Trout while enjoying the late afternoon sunshine, counting it as another great day to be out on the water!

No comments: