Sunday, April 11, 2010

Superstition Doesn't Pay Off


I don't consider myself a superstitious person but from time to time I think to myself, "it can't hurt"! If I see a penny laying on the sidewalk I pick it up and put it in my pocket. If I'm wearing a hat that's "catching fish", I continue to wear it until it let's me down. So Friday when one of my guests had the "hot rod" and could do no wrong, catching fish when her parents vacated a spot, I knew that I'd be using that rod in Saturday's Redfish Spot Tourny! On my trip to pick the boat up, 4:30 in the morning, I saw the first shooting star that I've seen in years! All things good were lining up! I met my buddy Don Hughes, we checked out, launched the boat and made a run up the inter coastal to Amelia Island to fish our "spots". At our first stop we had bites, Bluefish, then I hooked up with something heavy and hugging the bottom. I sure hoped it was a Redfish, but it just wasn't running, staying on the bottom as much as it could, and when we got it to the boat, a Stingray! OUCH. We hit spot after spot, picking up a nice Flounder at one, Trout and Bluefish at others, but no Redfish! We fished right on up to 1:30pm, the latest that we figured we could get back to the weigh-in, then called it a day, a great one to be on the water, even though we had no fish to weigh in. Congratulations to the winners, good job!

No comments: