Monday, April 13, 2020

Trying My Hand

I think I'll call these "Piper's Pandemic Plugs"!  I've always admired and collected antique fishing lures and also new ones that are handmade. I decided to try my hand at it. These are made out of Cedar, Cypress, and Heart Pine lumber that I had laying around. The first few were hand painted, using masking tape and spray cans. #LP008 was the first one painted with an airbrush. #LP007 was a complete screw up - mixing incompatible paints - so I sanded it and left it weathered, but it actually looks pretty good)  I've found out that the forming, carving and sanding is actually easier than I thought (thank goodness for power tools), but the painting and finishing is proving to be the most difficult. I learn something on each lure so hopefully by the time I get to #50 they'll look perfect!
LP011
LP009
LP010
LP012
LP007
LP008



LP004
LP006
LP002


LP005

LP003

1 comment:

Gregg Fitzgerald said...

These look great. Glad to see you are putting the down time to good use.