Thursday, August 25, 2022

Ladyfish Overload

 I wrapped my week up fishing with Jon Freund and his fishing buddy's Peter, Sandy, and Lewis - meeting them down at the Sawpit Creek boat ramp. You could sum up the fishing trip with two sentences:

 1) We caught a bunch of fish                                                                                   2) There were a whole lot of Ladyfish caught!

Not that we didn't catch decent fish. These anglers put a couple of feisty Redfish in the boat, a couple of hungry Seatrout and made it a slam with a couple of "just under the mark" Flounder. They also battled Jack Crevalle, had a big (I mean huge) Toadfish to the boat, and boated a few Mangrove Snapper. But I don't know if I've ever seen so many Ladyfish!

We had run up the Nassau and fished some flooding shell bottoms with mud minnows under floats on the last of an incoming tide. We ended up fishing a number of spots along the Nassau on that last of the incoming, and then on the first of the outgoing tide. We had good action all morning long so as we headed back to the boat I counted it as another great day to be fishing here at Amelia Island, Florida. 

No comments: