Sunday, November 30, 2008

November wrap-up reports:


November turned out to be a great month of fishing! If you get to check out my reports below you'll see that the fish were biting for my guests. In addition to those, I've had a number of my my friends and neighbors report in with some great fish catches. My neighbor, David Nease, fished a few times this week, mostly on the south end of Amelia Island, and reported great catches of nice trout 18"-22"; he said most were caught in the intercoastal waterway. I know David is a great angler and I've noticed he likes to go deep for his keeper trout. Friends Charlie Jones and Leon Freeman reported a nice trout bite in the Jackstaff creek of Horsehead. They were using live shrimp under floats and trolling jigs. Another neighbor, Marty Johnson, fished the Christopher Creek area over the Thanksgiving weekend. He reported that he and his cousin quickly picked up some 14" trout at the new cut; they moved back into the creek and eventually got into a school of 17"-20" Redfish over near the bluffs. Although they had some live shrimp, they didn't need them as the red's were nailing Gulp's. My friend, Don Hughes took some guests down past Sawpit Creek and boated Trout and Red's - all on live shrimp. And finally, Bud Hill reported that he and his grandson got into a mess of Black Drum up to 4lbs. You gotta get out there! Get away from it all and.....let's go fishing!

No comments: