Monday, August 28, 2023

Recipe Of The Month: Trout Almondine

 Whenever I've seen this on a restaurant menu I tended to shy away from it because I didn't know what it was!  Donna Givens sends this tasty recipe in, via her husband John, angler,  who I run in to at the bait shop on occasion. It's easy to prepare, doesn't need a whole lot of ingredients and as mentioned, very tasty! Thank you Donna! I "fun" fished today and lucked up on this 21" Seatrout so the fish was FRESH for this recipe!










Makes 2 servings

1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds(toast on stove top: 1 T butter, almonds - watch it! Be careful not to burn!) I did this first and set aside.

2 Trout filets

1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper.

1/2 cup all purpose flour

Salt and pepper both sides of Trout, then dredge in flour, shake off excess.

2 tsp olive oil

1 tsp butter

Heat in non-stick pan on medium heat a few minutes on each side until opaque white. Set cooked filets aside.

In same pan stir in

4 tsp butter, 

1/4 cup lemon or lime juice

1/3 cup chopped parsley.

Toasted Almonds.

Cook until hot then ladle over Trout. Enjoy!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is always yummy and unexpectedly so.