Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Engine Installed! The Anglers Mark is Back!

I picked up the boat with a new Yamaha 200 engine Saturday morning. It's a "left hand" engine and required a left rotation propeller which I ordered about a week ago. It came in late Monday afternoon and this morning Ken Supernor with Outboard Only LLC stopped by and installed it for me.

There is a 10 hour break-in period with the first hour running the engine up to only 2000rpm's, which is really just a slow crawl. Luckily, I was able to move my scheduled trip today to Friday. I launched up at Dee Dee Bartels and "puttered" out into the sound, then back behind Tyger, then around to the Bell.  After that first hour Break-in calls for getting up on a plane (about 2000rpm's), then backing off, but never letting the engine run at the same RPM's for longer than a few minutes. I did that for another hour, running it up, dropping it down, running it up, dropping back to idle, and son on. 

I picked up Carol at Atlantic Seafood and we went out for one more hour. Hours 3-8 calls for running the engine at all RPM's, but never holding it at one level for too long. We ran it up to above 4000RPM's and back and up and back and up and got in another hour. I've got five more hours of doing that but I feel like I can fish with customers and get to where we're going - I just will need to alter the RPM level throughout the trip, but that shouldn't be too noticeable.

I've got July 18, 19 open, then August 1, 8, 10-12 open. Give me a shout and we'll get us both out on the water! 904-557-1027

No comments: