Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Ready for some Football!

I make it a point to try and not talk politics and college football on the boat.  Once in a while I get drawn in but I try and stay away from the topics.  BUT, truth be known I'm a Gator fan, graduating in 1983 from the University of Florida.  With that said, I've been getting Jeff Davis to do repair work on my rods, mostly replacing bad eyes and rod tips.  I visited his booth at a local marine/fishing show and he had a rod in Gator colors so I had him build a custom rod for me.  It's 6' long, medium action with  the split grip and down locking reel seat.  Jeff upgraded the eyes and did some Orange and Blue wraps, added a Gator logo and hand laid my name on the rod.  I added a brand new Shimano Stradic 1000FJ reel loaded with orange 10'b braid.  I'm ready for football!  Contact Jeff Davis at jake401@bellsouth.net to get your custom rod built.  CLICK ON PICTURES FOR CLOSE UPS!   I'm sure he'll do a Dawg or Nole if you ask him to!

No comments: